2017 : A year to remember - Part 1

Leave a Comment
I did not do many things in 2017, to be frank, 2017 was one of the worst year :(. when I steed into 2017 I was planned to do many things but I didn't do 95% of what I thought. on the other hand, I was do something that I never thought of doing.

Sorry, This is the first thing I want to ask so many people because I destroyed the faith in me with HackerCG, Billboard.lk and some other projects which I planned to do in this year and still not do them. And let us see a quick recap of 2017 and how it help me to step forward.

January

  • The year starts with the launch of yathusha's BackPackTrips. and yathu start to write the very first article "A Journey to Remember" but unfortunately due to my laziness the website goes down after two or three months :( ( Sorry +Yathusha Ulakentheran for this I promise you to up the site on 2018)
  • Yarl IT Hub's first meetup on 2017 which is all about leadership where I learnt some cutting edge things ( Mainly the importance of communication and how to communicate with different sets of people) as well as made some new contacts like Randhula (P.S: If you want some good contacts then attend a Yarl IT Hub meetup ) 

  • 2017 gives a great start for HackerCG and personally to me also. HackerCG was inboard as a media partner with HackIT 2k17 which was the biggest CTF competition in 2017 and for personally, I am able to gain access to some high profile individuals in the security industry. And also we released the first video production of HackerCG team.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lnj-6fLi4)

    The HackerCG Crew at the HackIT 2k17
















  • "HCGCON" was planned in this month but still it is not happing. try to do this at various time but not worked out. but I have still the hope to do that in 2018. but until that it is one of the failed projects I started.

February

  • February starts with a tour "Freedom special Boat safari"(on the independence day) for the first time I and my friends go for a boat safari in Madu river. It was a superb experience for all of us. we made some very nice friends on that trip. after that, on 5th of Feb, we spent the day by walking around Kandy and seeing some nice places. 
The Final photo :P Jumping moment 
  • A long train journey with the one i love <3 yes for the very first time we travel a long distance together.
புகைவண்டிக் கண்ணாடியில் கண்ணம் சாய்த்து தூங்கும் பெண்கள் அழகோ அழகு .  

March

  • I am from a big family with many siblings but due to work (Not for me) and other things we rarely have some family times. but this month starts with a family time where we all get together and have some very good family time.

The family <3
  • "Thonma-Yathirai" this is organized by a group of people in Jaffna where people go to a place and communicate with the locals and know about the tradition of the place and about their food. for over one year they are doing it in Jaffna. but luckily I got the change to participate one of them in this month. and from this, i could able to learn about the sea and the local people behavior around the seaside. and most importantly it expand my networking circle from the digital to other areas

April

  • Starts with Two Hikes :) Ella and Little Adam's peak with my super cool friends from BackPackedTrips.
When we start to hike on our own
  • The launch of Uki: Stepping stone to tech life one of the initiatives by Yarl IT Hub. what I love is the concept and also one of my friend Thuvarakan in the first batch.( Now he is working as an intern in Calcis) 

May

  • The launch of "Pandagraph". The startup of my friend Thuva which is for graphic design and video productions.I always get goosebumps when my friends start something new other than my own startups. 

  • Yarl Geek Challenge: Juniors officially stated and delivering / Guiding some students to make their products. 4 years back I was in the students' seat someone from YIT guide me and now I am guiding some and 4 years later they will guide some this is how YIT works <3 always love to be a part of it. 
  • Launch of this blog Siva Feed to write my experience and thoughts but this is the third post ( so this also comes under the failed one ) 
  • Spent a full evening in UKI and also had the change to participate in their Gaval club, and to be frank I am surprised by the teamwork and the confidence they have. 
  • First full night program of 2017 Google I/O learn many things from here. In the morning spent the day with the Senzmate exhibition booth and in the night with the I/O where get to know about many new things in google and excited to the maximum level.
On the goodbye time of Google I/O
Will continue the other six in the next article... 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment