Let us move forward to 2019 together : Recap of 2018

1 comment
It is nearly one year, from my last feed "2017: A year to remember" where still I didn't complete my second part of that series. but here I come back with the kind of recap of 2018. And I can give you a promise I will be written at least one post which can be a technical one which I explain some technical things or about an event I participated or at least one of my life incident and what I learned from that. mostly it will be in the third week of the month. Let us see how things go.

And what I like to share in here is what happened to me in the last 12 months and did I achieve anything or lose anything. let us start from the month of January which is pretty awesome for me. try to attend some Microsoft azure meetups and try to learn and do some projects on that but for me, Amason web services are pretty simple and developer friendly while we compared to this Azure services. other than this we celebrated a Tamil festival in our university (Kelaniya) for the very first time and it is a very much successful one event. 

A group of us in the Thaipongal Festival.
And one more thing that started in the mid of January and goes up to the end of February is "Explore SriLanka 12.0" for those who don't know what is that, it is one of the AIESEC projects which is undertaken by the AIESEC in Colombo North, So me and another person is selected as the Team leaders where we want to saw the beauty of Sri Lanka to the volunteers who visiting Srilanka. but the other person who is selected as the team leader is giving up and all the responsibilities come to me. and the volunteers come from different countries such as India, Vietnam, Egypt, Indonesia, Poland, UAE, and the list goes like that. while traveling with them I noticed what are the struggles a backpacker facing while he/she is traveling in Sri Lanka and how the people react for outsiders. and these experiences influence in some of the acts I do in the later of this year.  

And this project opens the door to find the peoples mentality of different parts of the world as we are there in the same house for nearly 45 days. but the end of the project is not a happy one, I got some fights with the AIESEC of Colombo north and after successfully finished the project I left AIESEC. But still, I am with contact with all the people who traveled Sri Lanka with me. as this project goes up to the end of February nothing special happened in February 

The very first photo we take with a part of Explore Sri Lanka Team
March it is like the resting month of the year after finishing the project as well as having some problem with the head team I want a pretty long gap so I used this month for that and also I am in the situation of facing my semester examination. so that nothing big happened on that month 
April is the month where Yarl Geek Challenge Juniors stared. and if you know me well you must know I am the one who never misses any program which is organized by the Yarl It Hub because it is where I learned and still learning many things. for preparation of them, one of the videos created by me is shared with the students about how to use Wordpress: you can check that here :p and the main thing is it takes nearly 2 full weeks for creating that less than 5 mins video. so a huge salute for those making video content, and this is the point I got interested in the video content making.

May and June both the months are like traveling to North and Colombo. for the YGC and in the mid of June the grand finale of YGC juniors happened to be frank even I can't do what those school kids do it and presented. <3

The final picture of YGC juniors
July is the month of emotions which taught me some very hard lessons and also make me face some of the true situations in the ground during an event we organized in the university, which is called Mathugai. This is a Tamil cultural event we organized in our university where the Tamils are like only 100 to 150 students. and this month spends with the preparation and other things of mathugai.

Click on Mathugai

Parliamentarians without borders for children rights this is what all about August, i was lucky to attend the workshop aka conference where parliamentarians from different countries like India, Nepal, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Srilanka, Norway and etc come and discuss how they can protect the child rights in their countries and I am lucky to attend that conference as  a technical advisor to tell how the technology can help the child rights. and from this one, I got different level of networking and knowledge.


And after this until now my life is like this : 


when I travel with my friends around we always find problems and while we gossiping with ourself we find the solutions for those problems ( The Happy face )  and when we apply it to real-world scenarios they are like ultra failers. ( The sad Face) But anyhow we are not ready to give up the things so easily so the end of 2018 is giving us some positive sides from my clients by the emails and messages like these: v 




And these positive feedbacks also make channels to us to get a regular income for 2019 which could cover my travel expenses in 2019 so hope will travel to more places in 2019. Let us see.

By the way when we talk about traveling 2018 was a great year for me in the perspective of traveling nearly travel around the Srilanka once again in this year.
Places I visited in 2018

So overall 2018 is a good year for me. Not a great and also not a bad. Earned a lot of friends, Get some enemies. Learned many new things, Do some crazy shits, but still live.
Some new announcements on the way on my next Blog post. See you then. Byeeeee

Siva.
Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment: